Saturday, November 14, 2009

Stroke Recovery Goals

Hi

I call it pushing the envelope...gently. lol

I am posting a video from Jill the GoalGuru to help you understand why it is so important to set goals in stroke recovery. Physical goals, mental goals and benchmark goals, all kinds of goals.

Then as Jill says, "go for it!"



You see Jill overcame her fear and climbed the tower. (to the top) At the end of the video says that she climbed it three more times that day.

Jill said, after reaching her goal of climbing the tower then she felt like she wanted to climb something higher and bigger.

This metaphor can be applied to stroke recovery Our goal may not be as lofty at first but the same principals apply.

Set your stroke recovery goals and climb your stroke recovery tower. then do it again and again and again. Keep pushing the envelope gently!

Make stroke recovery your daily routine. (watch the video as many times as you need to...thanks Jill)

My name is Gary and I am a seven year stroke survivor.

Visit my web site

Join my net friends

Till next post,

Smiles :o)

Gary

No comments: