Monday, May 5, 2008

the Aphasia and Stroke Caregivers Guide...


If you are a new caregiver or Stroke survivor please check out the abundance of personal experience that is available on Jean Riva's Squidoo site. Jean has been a Stroke Buddy for a number of years now as her husband Don had his stroke back in 2000.

I am sure that you will find her information very helpful whether you are a caregiver or a survivor.

Read her intro below and then click the link to go to her page.

"Caregiving is not for sissies! This has been my personal mantra since May of 2000 when my husband had a massive stroke that left him right side paralyzed and with no verbal or written means of communication. Becoming an aphasia and stroke caregiver quickly took me outside of my comfort zone and I repeated that mantra to myself many times in the early months. It helped me to be brave and bold and grow into the job one day at a time. I've learned many things along the way to becoming a seasoned stroke caregiver and eventually a peer mentor.

My purpose in creating this 'Aphasia and Stroke Caregivers Guide' is to share what I've learned and the resources I've found over the years, and will continue to find in the future"
...Jean Riva

Click here to enter Jean's site.

No comments: